Episode 14 of Spirituality for Normal People features a fantastic interview with Stephanie Jones. Stephanie is known as the Giving Gal, having given a gift every day for over 500 days. She is the author of The Giving Challenge.
What we talk about:
- What does it means to give a gift?
- Recognizing opportunities to give a gift
- How gift giving moves us away from being judgmental
- Listening to that “nudge” within you
- Gift-giving is about the other person.
- Not being scared of rejection when it comes to giving gifts.
- Thinking carefully about how Jesus would treat people.
- How giving is more than making donations to a church or other organization
- The importance of Intentionality
- Starting Small with Acts of Kindness
- Taking action even when we don’t feel like it - the magic of starting!
- Obedience, faithfulness, and just showing up
Resources and Links from this episode:
- Stephanie's Book - The Giving Challenge
- 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life by Cami Walker
- Stephanie’s list of over 500 days of giving
- Leadership Bible
- Mini-Habits by Stephen Guise
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy