Episode 12 of Spirituality for Normal People features an interview with Lisa Whittle. Lisa is a speaker and the author of six books. From her official bio: "Her love runs deep to see people pursue Jesus for life, grow deep roots of faith, and walk strong in the midst of a world that so often seems to have gone crazy."
Lisa's latest book: Put Your Warrior Boots On: Walking Jesus Strong, Once and for All
What a great conversation! Lisa has incredible passion and straightforward honesty. Here is just some of what we talked about...
- How to deal with weariness and worry
- Moving from panic and fear to preparation and strength
- It is not about how you feel, it is about what you choose
- Choosing to love, obey, and follow
- Warrior boots as a symbol of walking in strength
- Pushing back on the idea of “brave”
- Receiving the power and strength of Christ
- Reading through the Bible continuously.
- Listening in Prayer
- Taking the pressure off for our prayers to be a particular way
- The power of simpler, shorter prayers
Quotes From This Episode
- "Choosing God stabilizes the other areas of our life"
- “You don’t have to know the particular storm if you know the vehicle to survive."
- “Christ’s strength is our strategy.”
- “The more we look at ourselves, the more we become insecure and fade…so fix your eyes on Jesus."
During the interview, Lisa mentioned a devotional she is reading, Peace in the Face of Loss by Jill Kelly
Lisa Whittle's Books
- Put Your Warrior Boots On: Walking Jesus Strong, Once and for All
- I Want God: Forever Changed by the Revival of Your Soul
- Whole: An Honest Look at the Holes in Your Life—and How to Let God Fill Them
- Behind Those Eyes: What's Really Going on Inside the Souls of Women
- The 7 Hardest Things God Asks a Woman to Do
- 5 Word Prayers: Where to Start When You Don’t Know What to Say to God
- 5 Word Prayers Coloring Book (Lisa's sister did all the art for this book!)